Wednesday, May 1, 2019

TAROT Blog Hop - Beltane 2019: Tarot Continuing Education


Hello Dear Ones, I am happy that I can post with you again. I felt such synchronicity when I saw the Tarot Blog Hop topic for this Beltane - Tarot Continuing education, offered to us by Joy Vernon.


How I met Tarot back in time, it is a mysterious story - I found my birthday date in a phone number - that number belonged to a sweet old Tarot Master. 

It was in 2006 - since then, I have not had a day when I have not read and studied Tarot.


I truly think once someone starts learning and exploring the Tarot, this journey will never end.


My old Tarot Master asked me to start practicing reading the Tarot about stories of which the 'outcome' was already known - so basically about past stories.


I remember those candle-lit evenings when I spread out my Old English Tarot deck and I just practiced, practiced and practiced - and I truly think this is a brilliant method, spreading out the cards for stories which are already past stories and put the puzzle together. Another great method for me was just letting the cards speak to me - without focusing on the exact meanings of the cards. 


Out of passion, long ago, I started to collect decks - I still do. Anytime I feel connected to a deck, I surprise myself with it. I am grateful for all my decks - all of them have taught and teach me something new again and again. 


To be honest, Hungary - where I live - is not really into Tarot. As compared to the crowd, hardly anyone knows the brilliant system of it. There are some great Masters but I could count then on one hand. So here it is not really an option to attend a Tarot School - so I started to set up my own Tarot Course a couple of years ago - and it seems to be a never ending wonderful Journey, as well. 


But what I am very keen on now is Rachel Pollack's work. Her brilliant Tarot deck, the Shining Tribe Tarot is getting almost unavailable but I managed to get a copy at a relatively good price - it is still on its way to me, though it has been three weeks already and I am counting the days. 


Till then, I am studying Rachel Pollack' gorgeous Tarot book, Seventy-Eight Degrees of Wisdom - if you do not know it, I can recommend it to you from the bottom of my heart. 


Thank you so much for reading me, I wish all of you a very Happy Beltane!





4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of reading the outcome of past stories! It feels cozy and magical with the candles burning as you turn over the cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you, Joy! It was a very helpful way to learn more about the cards, especially in exploring their meanings personally 'adjusted' to me and for my readings - oh, Tarot is brilliant. :)

      Delete
  2. Szia
    Nagyon nagy ihitattal hallgatom a videoidat a youtube-on, de sehol se talalok elerhetoseget hozzad.
    Remelem, itt valahogy el tudlak erni es kerni hozzad egy elerhetoseget.
    Koszonom elore is
    Udv
    Nagy Krisztina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Szia Drága! Annyira örülök hogy megtaláltalak! Tündérboszi vagyok, Esztilla! Olyan jó lenne beszélgetni! Hogy tudlak elérni?

    ReplyDelete